Johnson Roofing and Restoration offers residents of Ohio top-quality roofing and construction services in Toledo, Lima and throughout the rest of Northwest Ohio. Expert advice, honest service, and quality workmanship are only a phone call away. Homeowners will have an experienced project manager to guide them through the process from estimate to final inspection.
Johnson Roofing and Restoration holds the top accreditations with CertainTeed and GAF, two of the top roofing product manufacturers in the country, as well as an accreditation with Northwest Ohio-based Owens Corning, another quality roofing product manufacturer.
At Johnson, our goal is to not only provide homeowners with a quality roof, but a quality experience as well. We're eager to help you with all of your roofing needs, no matter the size or shape.
Our Process- What to expect
1. Bid Process
- Once you request an estimate, our first contact is generally made over the phone by one of our experienced project managers. During that call your project manager, who will be your main point of contact for the entirety of your project, will ask some general questions and schedule an appointment.
- During the appointment, your project manager will do an inspection, obtain some measurements, and take pictures of your house. He or she may also request to look in your attic to see the underside of the roof in order to properly estimate the cost of your project.
-An estimate will be ready in a timely manner, usually 1-2 business days. At Johnson, we like to schedule a time to sit down with homeowners to go over each estimate in detail. This allows us to ensure clarity with each estimate and to answer any intitial questions a homeowner may have.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not get a hard sales pitch or a request for a signature during this meeting. At Johnson Roofing, we believe in giving homeowners ample time to make a decision. After all, a new roof is an important investment decision and homeowners should not be rushed into an uncomfortable decision.
-After you are presented an estimate, you are welcome to call your project manager at any time with any questions.
-Your project manager will follow up with you around a week after your estimate is provided.
2. Pre-Production Process
- Once you have approved the estimate, you will be asked to sign and date the document, which will serve as the homeowner/contractor contract.
- It generally takes 2-3 weeks from the date the contract is signed to start the project. Your project manager will communicate an estimated timeframe in which we will start the work. This time frame is subject to change as it depends on weather, workload, holidays, unforeseen circumstances on other projects, etc.
-Around a week from the anticipated start of your project, your project manager will meet with you for a pre-construction walkthrough so you know what to expect during production.
-At the time of your pre-construction walkthrough, you will be required to provide a down payment, the amount of which will be arranged with your project manager.
-The required materials and dumpster will either be delivered the day before, or the day of, the start of your project. Details on the placement of the materials and dumpster will be discussed with you prior to delivery.
3. Production Process
- Our crew will arrive first thing in the morning. A more specific time will be communicated to you by your project manager.
- Your project manager and our crew will take every precaution to keep your landscaping and other exterior features of your house safe from falling debris.
- Most of our jobs will be completed in 1-2 days. A majority of our jobs only take a single day to complete.
- Throughout the day our crew will be busy tearing shingles off of your roof. A few crew members will take some time to clean up throughout the process, but the bulk of the cleanup will occur when they are finished installing the new roof. At the end of the job, all trash will be picked up and magnetic rollers will be used to pick up loose nails.
- Your project manager will be available throughout the course of the work to answer any questions or concerns you might have.
- Once work is completed, your project manager will conduct his or her own final inspection.
- Once the work is approved by your project manager, he or she will collect final payment.
- We will register your warranty information with the manufacturer and it will be mailed to you.
-Our work doesn't end once everything is completed and paperwork is filed. We will always remain available to homeowners to answer any questions or concerns. If you ever need us to come take a look at your property, we will happily do so at no cost.